Membership Terms & Conditions
Union Chapel Membership Terms & Conditions (Updated April 2023)
- Union Chapel is committed to treating its customers fairly. We are a charitable organisation and will uphold ethical business practices at all times.
- Once Union Chapel Project has recouped costs, all profits from the sale of membership will be distributed between the Margins Project and restoration projects being undertaken on the Chapel building according to the wishes of the Union Chapel Directors.
- Customers may only redeem their discounts once they have received email confirmation of their membership purchase or renewal.
- Upon receipt of their Membership confirmation, customers shall be entitled to the Members’ Benefits outlined below:
a. Advanced Listings on gigs and events – members will be notified via email (to the email address provided on application) about upcoming gigs and events taking place at Union Chapel as they are announced or as soon as possible after announce. Excludes advance announcement and/or pre-sale of tickets exclusively to artist/band fanclub members.
b.10% off bar and kiosk items at all UC gigs and events – This discount can be used at the Union Chapel bar and chapel kiosk only on presentation of a valid Membership Card and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Union Chapel reserves the right to ask the member for ID (passport, driving license or credit/debit card) to prove that the Membership Card being used belongs to the person purchasing the discounted drinks.
c. Members’ Competitions – entry to exclusive members’ competitions for live show tickets
d. Selected ticket discounts and invitations to Union Chapel programmed events supporting new and upcoming talent and underrepresented artists – dependent on ticket sales and promoters.
e. Promotional offers from partner organisations - Union Chapel may offer other special offers to members but is under no obligation to do so. Partner offers are subject to change at the partner’s discretion.
- Digital Membership Cards and any associated Members' Benefits are non-transferable and can only be used by the named member. Proof of identity may be requested on presentation and use of your Membership Card.
- The Membership Card is the property of Union Chapel and shall be forfeited by any member in the event of misuse.
- Membership benefits may be subject to change at any time.
- Members are entitled to the benefits as listed on the relevant membership pages of the Union Chapel website. Print materials are not an ongoing record of current membership benefits.
- Union Chapel reserves the right to change membership benefits during a member’s year of membership.
- You must be at least 16 or over to purchase membership and become a member of Union Chapel.
- Membership is valid for twelve consecutive months. If you are unable to use your membership at any stage during this time refunds or extensions cannot be offered in any circumstances.
- Members must adhere to all rules and regulations that are relevant to their visit to Union Chapel.
- Union Chapel reserves the right to refuse entry and/or cancel the membership without refund. In particular if the card holder behaves in a threatening or abusive way to our staff, anyone else at Union Chapel, or breaches the terms and conditions relating to access to our facilities, membership will be cancelled.
- Union Chapel has the right to reject applications for membership or renewal.
- Membership fees are £45 per annum.
a. Introductory offers and limited discounts on membership fees are valid for one year of membership, after which members will be prompted to renew at the full rate.
- Membership fees are revised annually and will be notified to members by email.
- Payment will be taken from the customer via Stripe sales platform and transferred to Union Chapel at a later date.
- Members to allow five working days post payment to receive email confirmation and digital membership to be activated
- Members will be notified by email 1 month before their membership is due to expire that they must purchase a new membership to continue to enjoy the Members’ Benefits outlined above.
Returns and Refunds
- The customer has a ten-day period from the date of purchase in which to notify Union Chapel if they wish to cancel their membership. Notification must be made in writing to [email protected] and must be received by Union Chapel within such ten-day period. Upon receipt of valid written confirmation Union Chapel will provide a full refund.
- Membership cannot be cancelled during a period which has already been paid for. Membership will automatically terminate at the end of the period you have paid for if payment is not received for the next period.
- We understand that on rare occasions things can go wrong. If the customer wishes to make a complaint, we will endeavour to respond and work with them to solve the problem within a reasonable period.
- If the complaint cannot be resolved satisfactorily for both parties then Union Chapel may at its sole discretion, offer the customer a refund (in whole or part) if they feel this is a suitable response, but they will be under no obligation to do so.
Contact Details: Membership Team, Union Chapel, 19b Compton Terrace, London N1 2UN. Email: [email protected]
Data & Privacy
- Union Chapel follows all guidelines of the Data Protection Act.
- The customer shall provide all such information as is reasonably required by Union Chapel to provide the goods and services in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Details, as provided by the customer, are held on computer, for our own internal records. This does not include debit or credit card details.
- Details, as provided by the customer, are held on Cuseum dashboard, for providing digital card and membership portal access. This does not include debit or credit card details.
- The customer’s details will not be passed onto any third party other than detailed in Data & Privacy point 4 of Terms & Conditions
- The customer’s details will be retained in order that we may contact them by email and send their Membership details and digital Membership Card to them.
- All communications with members will be conducted via email and digital membership platform, provided by Cuseum.
- Members can expect at least one email per month containing general news and information regarding Union Chapel including Advanced Listings as detailed above.
- It is the member's responsibility to inform Union Chapel of their correct email address and/or change of name and/or change of address. Please send updates to [email protected] or Membership Team, Union Chapel, 19b Compton Terrace, London N1 2UN.
Limitation of Liability
- Union Chapel shall not be liable to the member in respect of any direct, indirect or consequential damage, costs or expenses or any other claims for consequential loss whatsoever which arise out of or in connection with the Union Chapel Membership.
- Notwithstanding the previous provision, Union Chapel shall not in any circumstances be liable to a member for more than the annual membership fee paid by the member.
- All information provided is correct at the time of publication. However, no liability is offered for errors contained on the Union Chapel website, or the actions of third parties.
- Union Chapel is not liable for failure to perform any obligations to members if such failure is as a result of Acts of God (including, without limitation, fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disaster, war, terrorist activities, labour dispute, strike, lockout or interruption or failure of electricity or telephone service).
- If a Clause of this Agreement is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other Clauses of this Agreement will continue in effect.
- Nothing in these conditions will affect your statutory rights relating to faulty or mis-described goods. For further information about your statutory rights contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice Bureau.
Law and Jurisdiction
- English law shall govern the construction, validity, and performance of these Terms and Conditions, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to resolve any dispute between them.