THE CLOCK TOWER
In 2017 UCP celebrated their 140th anniversary repairing the original tower clock.
The original design of the 1877 chapel by James Cubit did not show any clock. The large projecting tower clock made by Thwaites and Reeds was added when the tower was complete in 1888. The original pendulum was disconnected and weights were removed in 1952 when the original clock action was electrified